News and Announcements
Click on the Summer Baseball Registration tab above (link removed, registration is complete) to learn more about the HYBSA Summer Baseball offerings and tryout schedule.
Information about Summer Softball will be sent out through the Softball coordinators and coaches in the next few days!
The annual Holliston Youth Baseball and Softball raffle is the biggest fundraiser of the year for HYBSA. With the money raised through the raffle HYBSA is able to pay for field maintenance and equipment. Please visit https://go.rallyup.com/hybsa2021raffle/Campaign for this year raffle, which for the first time will be held entirely online.
Each ticket is $25 and gives the buyer a chance at winning one of two (2) $1000 prizes. We will be drawing the two winners on Championship Sunday, June 13th. Aside from the cash prizes to be won, the sellers have a chance to win something as well: the top seller will receive an authentic Red Sox signed memorabilia. Second place will receive 4 tickets to a 2021 Boston College football home game.
Additionally, every player who sells at least 2 tickets will receive their choice of a limited edition HYBSA Baseball or Softball t-shirt; players who sell 4 tickets will receive a HYBSA hoodie; and players who sell 6 tickets will receive BOTH a t-shirt and a hoodie.
Players may continue to sell tickets up until one hour before the drawing on June 13th.
While we are thrilled to have a spring season this year, and while overall things continue to improve, we all need to do our part to stay safe and keep others safe. HYBSA’s top priority is the safety of its players and their families. Under the Governor’s COVID-19 executive orders, he has made the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) the governing authority for all COVID-19 issues related to all amateur sports. Below covers their requirements intertwined with HYBSA’s protocols:
- Players are required to exercise social distancing. No team will congregate on a bench or otherwise. Players should bring chairs allowing them to sit in the general area of the dugout while still staying six feet apart.
- All players, coaches, umpires, spectators and workers must wear a facial covering. This includes when players are on defense and on offense.
- Spectators are allowed, with no limits, for all sports with participants under the age of 21. Spectators must sit at least 25 feet away from any player who is part of the extended dugout or bench. They should sit by family who live within the same household and should be at least six feet away from other families.
- All HYBSA participants are required to abide by state quarantine and testing requirements if they come in close contact with someone positive for Covid-19.
- All HYBSA participants are required to abide by Massachusetts travel requirements. For any families traveling during April break please be mindful of the travel advisory that is still in effect in Massachusetts and to be sure to comply before participating in HYBSA practices or games.
We all share responsibility for adherence to these requirements. As parents, please accept primary responsibility for full compliance. Thank you in advance for partnering with HYBSA as we strive to offer a safe recreational activity for the girls and boys of Holliston during an unusual and challenging time.
I hope everyone is well. HYBSA Spring seasons will begin on or about Monday 4/26 and Jim McGuinness, our umpire coordinator has scheduled a clinic for Sunday 4/18 at 2pm at Flagg Field. For those who can’t make that date, a second option is to attend his clinic is at Dacey Field in Franklin at 2pm on Saturday 4/17. This is a great opportunity for part time work for boys and girls 7th grade and older. All attendees should RSVP by Friday 4/16 via the attached link. The spreadsheet is also an opportunity to transition the line of communication from the parent to the potential umpire.
In order to be considered, you must attend one of these clinics. Existing umpires are expected to attend as a refresher.